Tuesday, February 21, 2012

An Unexpected Conversation

I am so glad I can finally post this post!  I really want this conversation written down for my own personal record, but it is a pretty fun one to read.

Yes, Kathryn and Caleb are some of our best friends...and I knew telling them would be fun, but I didn't know it would be one of the highlights of this journey so far.  I had to document it so I could never forget this exchange.

Me:  Hey Kathryn, whatcha doing?
Kathryn: Watching some DVR'd shows with Caleb
Me: Oh good, why don't you put the phone on speaker phone so Caleb can here
Kathryn:  O...K...
Matt and I:  We have big news! We're pregnant!
Kathryn: Yay, that is really exciting....wow....thats awesome (at this point I am a little confused, because its not the response I was expecting)

At this point we hear Kathryn and Caleb whispering to eachother and then they continue to make small talk with us

Kathryn: So how are you feeling?
Me: Well actually pretty nauseous, etc, etc, etc...

More whispering between Kathryn and Caleb

Kathryn: Well....we actually have something to tell yall...we're kinda pregnant, too
Me: WHAT!?! You better not be kidding, I can't handle it if you're kidding!
Kathryn: Oh...we're not kidding...

Then insert about 20 minutes of yelling, screaming, laughing, some crying, and a lot of freaking out.  We figure out that we are EIGHT days apart!  Kathryn and I then talk for another hour about how it all happened and fill eachother in on every detail we've been holding back for the past few weeks.

It might not seem like much to everyone else, but it was one of the craziest, most memorable moments so far.  How fun and special it will be to share this with Kathryn?  Sometimes God has a plan worked out so far in the future that we could have never guessed or planned for.  It has been so fun to call and "compare notes" with her throughout the last 2 months.  I can only imagine how much fun it will be as this continues!  Congrats Kathryn and Caleb, we could not be more excited for you!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Haha! The most awkward start but most amazing ending to a conversation EVER! We love ya'll and Baby Cogdill. I'm SO glad we're able to share every little detail about this pregnancy process! Can't wait for the babies to be here : )

Lacey said...

I'm so glad that y'all discussed "how it all happened!" :)

Lauren said...

So glad you two FINALLY had the "Birds and Bees" chat.... Do Matt and Caleb know that y'all "compare notes"???? HA HA HA HA HA HA