Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

I'm sure I am not alone when I say that before I got pregnant (well really before my sister got pregnant) I knew nothing about baby brands and trends.  I saw all kinds of cute stuff on kids and babies, but I never paid much attention.  Well a whole new world has been opened up and I have had to learn new brands, designers, styles, trends, etc.  It sounds silly, but its true.   What do babies really need? Where do I find the cute baby clothes?   Obviously it didn't take long before we started figuring out the good places to go and the brands that we liked.  It is funny to look back at the things we first bought for Lauren and Blakely before we knew what we really liked or needed. 

I have gotten some cute stuff for Banks and recently we put up a closet organizer and they are hanging in his closet.  It is crazy to me that there are little baby boy clothes in my house...hanging up in my used-to-be guest room closet. It's so surreal to me.  When does it begin to set in that there will be a baby in the house?  It has definitely not set in...I thought it would when I began "to show" or when I felt the first kick, but it is all still so surreal.  I love to go sit in his nursery and look through all the little, tiny items that we have gotten so far.  I could literally sit in there all day going through them...are other new moms like this?

I wanted to share a few of his items that he has gotten so far.  We are slowly figuring out which brands we like for little boys and what he will need. 
 One thing that we have found out from Blakely is that babies drool all day long, (some of you are rolling your eyes and thinking "duh...") so cute bibs are essential.  If he has to wear these things all day they may as well look half way cute!
 I found this little smocked jon jon and knew he had to have it because it has a Tiger dog on it!
 When Matt's dad and Pam went to Martha's Vineyard they went to a store called The Black Dog and brought us this adorable swimsuit. So adorable!
 Every little boy needs his first oxford from Polo
 One thing that Lauren learned quickly is how much she loves to put Blakely in "pima cotton."  Of course, I had never heard of such a thing, but once I felt how soft it is, I knew why she loved it.  There are a lot of brands out there (Kissy Kissy, Magnolia Baby, etc.) that use Pima Cotton and we adore all of them.  In the words of my mother, "there is nothing like a baby cuddled up in pima cotton." 
 I love this little sleeper with the smocked sailboats...smocking and pima cotton combined, my favorite for sure :)
 With his Pop Pop (my dad) being a lover of all tools and his daddy learning quickly to love them too, this outfit is perfect for Banks!  He will soon be daddy's little helper!
 When Aunt Jordan and Uncle Will went to the Master's, Banks got a souvenir!  It will hopefully fit him perfectly to wear for his first Master's in April.
 I have gotten a few Kissy Kissy sleepers and they are so soft and sweet.  This one has little tools on it. 
 This is a sweet Magnolia Baby sleeper, love this one!
 Its hard to tell in this picture, but this is a light blue color.  This is Feldman Brother's, another company we love!
I had to splurge for this off of Etsy...isn't it adorable?!?  I just love to see his monogram and name on things.

So those are a few of my favorites, not all of them, just some of them.  I am still having trouble believing there will be a little boy here soon to wear these things!

Experienced moms out there, what are your favorite brands? 

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey 'Lyssy!
Looks like little Banks will be outfitted to kill when he arrives!!!
Another brand that Court enjoyed with Durham was Zutano. Cute, colorful, soft and washes great!
Hope you're doing well!
Time's flying! Before you know it, he will be in your arms!
Praying that you'll continue to feel great during these next couple of months. Love and miss you!

Val @ Once Upon a Farmhouse said...

Such cute stuff!! It won't sink in until you see that sweet boy WEARING those clothes! :) Since I see you like smocked stuff too, I wanted to make sure you know about the different Facebook groups that do auctions on the boutique clothing. There are lots of groups, but the one I buy from is Smocked Auctions. They have auctions on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and have such cute stuff at half the price you pay in boutiques! Just be careful...after you win your first auction, you will be hooked! :) http://www.facebook.com/SmockedAuctions?ref=ts

Alyssa said...

Yes Miss Tricia...I have gotten a few Zutano things and they are so cute. They make the most comfy outfits for boys! Glad to know they hold up :)

Val, I will have to check that out. I have been a little addicted to online shopping, so this might be a new outlet for me, haha! Thanks for the thoughts, guys!