Thursday, October 4, 2012

5 Weeks Old

Banks, you are five weeks old today!

You have been growing and changing so much.

We went to our breastfeeding group and you weighed 10 lbs, 5 oz!  

You have really "woken up" this week and are more interactive and have more of a "playtime."  When you lay on your playmat you will bat the toys above you.

You still love your paci/binky and it is awesome for mommy because it soothes you when you are upset.  Sometimes its hard to take a picture without it, but we make do :)


You will often hold it in yourself (as you can tell from the picture).

You are still sleeping well at night.  Our typical schedule is the last feeding around 9 and then you wake up at 2:30 and 5:30.  You get up between 7-8 in the morning.  Mornings are still our best time and you are so alert!

You still breastfeed every three hours during the day...we are still trying to do a very flexible, loose "Babywise" schedule.  I have wanted to throw that book out the window a few times, but for some reason we still stick with it.  Maybe I'm crazy or just determined, who knows?!?

You are wearing size 0-3 clothes and some just 3 months.  I never expected you to fit into some of the things you are wearing so soon.  I am happy that you are a healthy, big boy! 

When people see you they comment on your big, beautiful eyes...and I agree, they are so handsome!


You take 4 naps a day and you are very flexible.  You will nap in the car or stroller if we are at lunch or out running errands. 

We have yet to see a "real" smile, but we are waiting with anticipation!

You are sometimes fussy in the evenings from 6-7...right when daddy gets home!  Its nice to have an extra set of hands though if you are fussy.  Daddy is very good at calming you down, you already love your daddy!


Your hair started falling out in the front this week, but is already growing back in.   You are experiencing "male patterned baldness" a little early in life ;)

I always heard other moms say that they love their child more everyday and now I know it's so true!  Every single day I can't imagine loving you more and then I do.


Every week gets better, easier, and more fun!  I love being your mommy!

3 comments:

Christine {Our Traveling Nest} said...

I love that Eliza takes a paci too! It's nice to have something that soothes her so easily. Glad y'all are doing so well.

Alyssa said...

I agree...I know a lot of people are against it, but its a lifesaver for us :)

Jordan said...

What a handsome boy! He sure does have awesome parents!!! I cannot wait to get to hug on him a little bit this weekend.