Thursday, March 1, 2012

13 Weeks

Most of this is the same from last week...

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along? 13 weeks, 1 day 

Size of the baby? It is about the size of a medium shrimp according to Babycenter

Maternity Clothes?  So I will admit, I couldn't find anything to wear today and my mom had just bought me a pair of black pants with the stretch band at the top from Target.   Not the type that have the whole panel, but just the stretchy band.  I wore them today and they might be the most comfortable things I have ever put on.  Why don't all pants just have elastic?  I think women would be in much better moods. 

Gender? Don't know yet, we tried to get a sneak peak at our ultrasound this past week, but our sonographer was not cooperative :(

Movement? It was moving all around on the ultrasound, but I can't feel it yet 

Sleep? Its been pretty good...starting to get a little uncomfortable. Also I am getting up once at night to pee...that is definitely new for me.

Cravings?  Sometimes I will crave ice water

Symptoms?  Still vomiting with some nausea.  New symptoms this week are definite increase in the frequency of urination and back pain.  The past couple of days my lower back has been aching. 

What I miss?  nothing really 

Milestones? 2nd trimester!  Some people say that this week is the end of your first and next week is the beginning the second, but I am going with today is the beginning of my second trimester :)

What I am nervous about?  nothing really 

What I'm excited about? I really, really want to know the gender!  I am going to have to find a way to figure it out before our 20 week appt...that is WAY too long to wait!



So as I mentioned, we had our ultrasound this past week...it was awesome!  We got to see ten fingers and ten toes and it wiggling all around.  The baby was not cooperating and so she scanned me for about 30 minutes.  It was the best 30 minutes!  I hope this is not a sign that our baby will have a stubborn streak...I don't know where they would get that ?!  ; ) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying. Hoping for a boy since we need more boys in our family.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was cousin Adam,