Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Update: 16 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 16 weeks, 1 Day 

Size of the baby? It is about the size of an avocado or 4 1/2 inches crown to rump 

Maternity Clothes? My mom and I went shopping this past weekend for some maternity essentials.  I have been wearing a few of them interspersed with my regular clothes this week.  I am still wearing regular dresses and shirts. 

Gender? WE KNOW and are SO EXCITED!   We are going to tell our parents tomorrow night, but Ill be sharing the news soon after that. 

Movement? That baby was moving around like CRAZY on our ultrasound yesterday!  It was kicking and moving its arms the whole time. I still haven't felt anything though. 

Sleep? Matt is getting a little bit tired of me going to bed at 9:00, so hopefully I will be able to stay awake a little later sooner.  I just get SO tired at night...it is like something just hits me and I have to go to bed immediately, haha.  The actual sleep has been good so far!

Cravings?  I usually crave cold things.  I have been really loving decaf nonfat iced lattes from Starbucks, I may have had a few this week :)   I also have been craving fruit (apples, green grapes, and clementines to be specific). 

Symptoms?  Major milestone this week is that I have not been getting sick every day!!!  This has made both Matt and I's lives so much better.  I feel like I am finally getting a chance to enjoy my pregnancy and this time without the overshadow of nausea and vomiting.   I have had some stretching feelings in my abdomen off and on this week.  Other than that, I have been feeling great!

What I miss?  I don't exactly miss this, but it is starting to get annoying that I can't do certain things.  For example, to get into our garage attack we have to climb a ladder and its a little risky.  Well this has always been MY job, but now Matt won't let me do it.  Also, Matt thinks I can't lift anything, and that is annoying. 

Milestones? Finding out the gender...makes its so much more real!

What I am nervous about?  Nothing really right now. Honestly I am usually a "worry-wart" and worry about things that don't need to be worried about.  I prayed before I got pregnant and throughout my pregnancy so far that I would not waste my time and energy on worrying.  God answered my prayers in a huge way and worrying has really been the farthest thing from my mind.  My mind is filled with excitement, plans, anticipations, but  no worry.  Thank you Lord for that blessing...I know it could only have come from Him!

What I'm excited about? We have a girl's weekend this weekend with my best friends from college!  I look forward to this every year and have been counting down the days for months.  I am also VERY excited to see Kathryn and her baby belly.  We haven't seen each other since we found out we were pregnant so I am DYING to see and talk about baby M and baby C!

So many things to be excited about! I am also excited about telling our families tonight about the gender!  We are doing a very small "gender reveal party" tonight just for family. I will have a post on that to come :)

1 comments:

Courtney said...

okay, i am NOT going to wait on the blog post, so the INSTANT you tell your girls this weekend i am instructing Cam to send me a text! :)
And tell Matt that lifting things is OKAY. Even if it's an overflowing bowl of baked beans out of the microwave :)I lift a little 30 pounder everyday!