Pregnancy Highlights from this week:
How far along? 17 weeks , 1 day
Size of the baby? 5 inches crown to rump and about 5 oz. It says it weighs as much as a turnip, so I guess thats how big he is. Last week he was an avocado, this week a turnip,does anyone else feel like that is smaller?!?
Maternity Clothes? I am still wearing regular dresses and shirts. I am pretty much wearing all maternity pants and jeans.
Gender? Sweet baby BOY!!!! Still can't get over the fact that I will have a son! Crazy!
Movement? I am pretty sure I felt movement beginning this weekend. I first felt it on Friday on the drive up to Spartanburg to my girl's weekend. It was the first time I was still for a while. It felt like a tiny tapping from the inside, or another description is a goldfish swimming around in there. It was a little weird, but the best feeling in the world. Matt is jealous that he can't feel him moving yet, but I tell him all about it :)
Sleep? Pretty good right now. I finally stopped sleeping on my stomach and now I sleep on my side with an extra pillow. I have also started to have really vivid dreams.
Cravings? I have really been loving salads lately (still loving cold things). I made a romaine salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta (pasteurized of course) like 3-4 times in the past few weeks...SO good!
Symptoms? I was so excited about the nausea/vomiting being better last week, then I had a set back this week. I have been getting sick for the past couple of days. I had a pretty rough day Monday with nausea and a really bad headache all day. I think the heartburn has kicked it up a notch, too. This week when I was staying with Kathryn we would both lie in bed at night and complain of heartburn...haha! We were a little pathetic, we needed Matt and Caleb back to take care of us! Lastly, I may or may not have had some mood swings...sometimes a good cry for no reason just feels right :)
What I miss? Nothing right now!
Milestones? Finding out we're having a baby boy! Also, feeling him move around, what a blessing!
What I am nervous about? Just praying over our 20 week anatomy scan that is coming up in a few weeks.
What I'm excited about? I am getting really excited to put all the nursery stuff together and continue to find the perfect items for it. I am also excited to go shopping for cute little boy stuff. Girl stuff can be cute of course, but there is some ADORABLE little boy clothes out there!
I am also excited about revealing the name we have chosen for our baby boy. We have known this name for a long time and are 100% sure about it. We went back and forth on the girl name (still not convinced that we will ever use the name we picked out), but we were always sure about the boy name. Our gender reveal party also included our name reveal, so that will be saved for another post.
Here is my 17 week picture for you:
I am also excited about revealing the name we have chosen for our baby boy. We have known this name for a long time and are 100% sure about it. We went back and forth on the girl name (still not convinced that we will ever use the name we picked out), but we were always sure about the boy name. Our gender reveal party also included our name reveal, so that will be saved for another post.
Here is my 17 week picture for you:
This picture was from this weekend when I was at Kathryn's. SOOOO much fun seeing Kathryn and spending the weekend preggo together. Not the best picture of us, but you get the idea. I am 17 weeks and she is 18 weeks in the pic. Yay for two baby boys! Kathryn had matching outfits bought for them when I got there. I don't know why I can't open my eyes in any of these pictures, haha!



3 comments:
So sweet! I am so happy for the both of you. Those little boys are so lucky!
Thank you Natalie...we are so excited, hope you are doing well! I keep up with you from Jordan, sounds like its all going great. Hope to see you soon!
Hey There!!
Cousin Adam here. So glad to have a boy on the "Brantley" side! May the Lord bless you richly.
Post a Comment