Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baby Update: 22 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 22 weeks 

Size of the baby? 11 inches head to heel, and about one pound, about the length of a spaghetti squash

Maternity Clothes? Almost all maternity stuff with a few exceptions in the shirts and dress department

Gender? Boy, Banks Matthew Cogdill

Movement? Lots of movement...I feel him everyday which is awesome.  The best part of last week was that Matt got to feel him move a few times too!  It was so sweet :)

Sleep? I am really stressing over sleep positions.  When I asked my doctor she said really any position but flat on your back is ok.  Well every time I wake up in the middle of the night I am on my back...how do I fix that ?!?

Cravings? Subway (right now I have to stick to chicken or veggie...can't wait for turkey!), fruit, yogurt

Symptoms?  Not too many symptoms lately except just difficulty getting around.  The other day I was at a restaurant and wanted to just "slip through" a small opening.  Well I kinda forgot about this belly and bumped right into someone...embarrassing. 

What I miss? For the first time I am finally missing coffee...decaf just doesn't do the trick!

Milestones? Matt feeling Banks move! 

What I am nervous about?  How this belly is going to keep growing for 18ish more weeks...eek!

What I'm excited about?  We are finishing up the board and batten in the nursery and then we will be able to set up all the stuff we have gotten so far.  I am going to pick up my chair today and I am so excited to see how it looks!  Can't wait to finally see my crib and bedding all put together!

I am also excited because Banks has been getting a few of the most adorable outfits...I will have to do a post with some of my favorites so far.  Seeing those little clothes and imagining my little boy in them is surreal.


22 Weeks (in the hotel before the wedding this weekend)
I told you, the belly is growing!  I am loving it though :)

3 comments:

Courtney Wallace Frick said...

I tried everything I could think of to stop sleeping on my back when pregnant. I never slept on my back in my life and of course once I can't that is how my body wanted to sleep. One night I woke up crying because I was so frustrated that I could not stop. So then the next night it was like Matt didn't sleep and every time I turned to my back he woukd say roll back to your left. I know he really slept, but it was amazing how he could teach himself to pay attention.

Courtney Wallace Frick said...

All that to say I will pray that your body finds a new position that is ok for baby banks!

Alyssa said...

Thanks! I hope it does too! Your little one is so cute :) Congrats!