Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby Update: 24 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 24 weeks, 1 day

Size of the baby? 12 inches head to heel, and it still says he is just over a pound, think the size of a large ear of corn

Maternity Clothes? Absolutely!  Still can wear some non-maternity dresses, but I think most everything I wear is maternity.  I can't complain on the comfort :)

Gender? All BOY!

Movement? LOTS of movement, especially at night when I get into bed.  The other night he was moving so much it was taking my breath away (literally not figuratively, although it was special, haha).  Matt has been feeling him more consistently too, which is very fun for him!  I know I mentioned last week that he was still breech, but now I have been feeling some major kicks up high, so maybe he flipped? I don't know, I am not good at that yet!

Sleep? Sleep is still a struggle and I have a feeling it might only get worse.  I am kinda sleeping in this strange half-stomach, half-side position.  I am not however getting up to pee at all during the night.  Increased urination is not a symptom I would say that I have.  Maybe I need to drink more...

Cravings? Still fruit- strawberries, peaches, watermelon, raspberries, you name it, it sounds delicious.  I have also been eating a lot of cereal, it always sounds good...and not the healthy kind.  I want the sugary, delicious kind.  I bought some Special K Red Berries in the thought that I would eat that...it still sits upopen next to the Golden Grahams that are almost gone...oops. 

Symptoms?  Just starting to feel uncomfortable in general, increased appetite, fatigue is back unfortunately, but other than that things are going great!  This is such a fun stage because so many people ask and comment about your pregnancy. I love answering questions about little Banksy!

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach for sure, and then just shopping in general.  I hope that doesn't sound too terrible, but I miss shopping for clothes with my sister :(  It has been a LONG time since we could do that together because first she was pregnant, now I am pregnant!  

Milestones? We put what we have from the nursery together...IT LOOKS SO GOOD!  I will just leave you all with that and no picture teasers because of course I want to wait until it is finished for the grand reveal. 

What I am nervous about?  Just starting to get nervous because its becoming a reality that this is really happening! We are going to have a baby at our house!  We hung up all his little clothes in the closet and for some reason that made it really sink in.  I can't wait to meet him!

What I'm excited about?  I have ordered several cute outfits for him online (I might be a little addicting to online shopping at the moment) and can't wait until they come in!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Stopping over from Kelly's Korner! We have a baby girl due September 2, so we're not too far apart on this crazy journey! Best wishes for a continues happy, healthy pregnancy! :-)

Lauren said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I am so excited for you guys, and I already love little Banksie!! He is going to be the best boy every!! I can't wait to hold him and love him!!!
Love, Aunt Laur-Laur!!!
PS Online shopping is extremely dangerous while pregnant... once you start, you CANNOT STOP!!

Greer's Gossip said...

Found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I am also from SC, living in Anderson and we are expecting our first baby girl in August!! Your blog is precious!