I knew the day was coming. Acutally, I am surprised that I made it this long. Everyone had told me that I would be out sick all the time once I was in clinic with all the kids, but I have yet to even get a cold. Well, I did have a 24 hour stomach bug last semester, but that has been it. I am literally in the face of snot-nosed kids all day long. And I don't say that negatively, I mean literally 99.9% of all kids that come into the office are snotty and congested. So I knew that I would probably getting way more than average number of colds this winter, but I have held out! My body has been like a fortress to all the germs :) This all came crashing to a halt three days ago. My nose has been running, I have been sneezing like crazy, and I am totally congested. These have been my best friends...
Hopefully it won't last very long and I can get over it fast, but I am such a baby when I have a cold. Its like my head gets all clogged up and I can't think straight let alone try to be nice to anyone. You can ask Matt on that one, haha! I know I am being whiny and I should be thankful that this is all I am facing right now, but having a cold is just miserble! Good thing I love those little kiddos :)
On a different note, my brother-in-law, Richard, is headed to Uganda for the next couple of weeks to do some medical missions. Just a few short weeks ago, he found out that they were in desperate need of some physicians to go to Uganda or the trip would have to be cancelled. Well Richard felt the Lord calling him so he got everything together last minute and now he is THERE! The Lord worked so quickly to get everything lined up for him and even got off time from residency. How awesome is that? That truly is a MIRACLE! You can keep up with him and all they are doing over there by this blog at http://www.palmettomedical.org/blog/. There is even a professional photographer going with them, so the pictures will be incredible I'm sure. Please pray for Richard and their team as they serve this country and bring them medical care and the gospel!
"He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.'"
-Mark 16:15


0 comments:
Post a Comment