Obviously moving into a new house there is a lot to decorate. We got a lot done right when we moved in and we have slowly trickled in with little things here and there. This weekend I got several things accomplished that I had been wanting to do for a while now. My parents came down and spent Friday night with us and my mom, Lauren, and I went shopping Saturday. I have been trying to find the perfect thing to go on the wall above the TV. Its a pretty big wall and it was just a lot of blank space.
Here is the before:
And this is the after:
I am really pleased with how it turned out. It was harder than you think to find 4-5 square prints that come in a different pictures that I actually liked. So when I saw these I knew I had to at least bring them home and try em out!
We interrupt this decorating post to show our new obsession. My mom brought this game called "Spot It" and it is so fun. It is like a very advance version of the memory match game you played when you were in Kindergarten. It is so much fun! Its a great game to play with a few people and it takes no set up or really any dealing.
Ok back to decorating. There was also a spot next to the windows in the kitchen that has been blank as well. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to put here. I thought about a chalk board or something a bit different, but when I saw these I knew right away I wanted them.
I am not 100% convinced they're big enough for that area. I have even thought about putting a chalk board in the middle of them and then flanking it with the fork and spoon, but for now I like them. If anyone has any other great ideas, I am definitely open to suggestions.
Those were my small finds this weekend. I also found almost everything for one of the guest bedrooms, too. Stay tuned because I am going to do a post about that room next!

2 comments:
do you watch "everybody loves raymond"? b/c your fork & spoon remind me of frank & marie's kitchen! ha ha!
also, LOVE the palm prints! especially since yall live in chucktown!
Alyssa, I realize I'm probably a somewhat random commenter but I have an idea for your wall....you could put a decorative plate between the fork and spoon. The chalkboard idea is cute, too. Two other suggestions using wine corks-get a shadow box and fill it with wine corks or you could do a wine cork "cork" board that would actually be functional. I love decorating and am enjoying your posts! :)
Post a Comment