Monday, July 23, 2012

Sweet Shower for Baby Cogdill

Some of my girlfriends from work hosted another shower for Banks this past weekend.  It was so perfect and adorable!  They thought of every detail, I'm so lucky to have such caring, thoughtful, and creative friends!

 This cake was the cutest baby shower cake I've ever seen!   I don't think you can disagree :)
 There were plenty of "mocktails" there for the pregnant girls

 The beautiful food display, they really outdid themselves!







 These were mini blueberry shortcakes in baby food jars...so cute, but also delicious!
 They had these cards for each guest to fill out then I read them out loud while I opened each person's gift.  It was such a sweet touch and something that meant a lot!
 Lauren and Baby Blakely
 My mom, me, and Jesica.  Jesica went to NP school with me and now works in the clinic right next to mine.  She is due to have her first baby (also a boy!) in late November.  
 The Peggys!  On the left is of course my mom, but the other Peggy I worked with during an internship at the college of nursing during school.  She is one of the nicest ladies you will ever meet and a lady that I spent a lot of time with.  She has 9 grandbabies now and she is a wonderful grandma!  Meant so much to have her there!
These cookies were made by the cookie extraordinaire, Julie.  Julie is a PA that works with us, but she also has an intense talent for making and decorating cookies.  Are they not adorable? She could be a professional!

 So many gifts for Banks!

 Kathryn, Catie, and Lacey
 Kelly and Julie filling out their sweet notes for Banks

 My sweet girlfriends from college drove down to celebrate Banks and I!
Kathryn, me, Catie, Lacey, and Megan
Meant so much to have them there!
 Opening some sweet gifts for Banks
 He got several Clemson items and Matt was pretty excited.  He also got some squeaker shoes that looked like boat shoes...of course that made Matt happy, too :)

My mom and sister surprised me with this diaper bag, I love it!  It is perfect!!!

 My mom and I
 Jamie and Bonnie, two sweet nurses I work with
 College Roomies :)
 Kelly, Julie, Elizabeth, and Jenn

 All the hostesses- Jesica, Shannon, Tasha, me, Kimberly, Gigi, and Becky
These girls did such a wonderful job and each one of them mean so much to me!
 Tasha and I dressed alike for the shower :)  I was laughing because I told her she is the skinny version and I was the preggo version, haha.
 Pam, me and my mom
 Kathryn and Caleb came down Friday and we spent a fun weekend together just hanging out.  This was definitely the last time we will all hang out together before we are moms of two little boys.  It will be very different the next time we are all together, its a little hard to wrap my head around.  We took full advantage of the time though by shopping, getting pedicures, and going out to eat.  We may have even snuck in a breastfeeding class together.  The boys took full advantage by playing golf twice...they need to get it all in now because come August/September they won't be able to spend all weekend at the golf course :)

When we got home of course we spent the evening playing with all of our fun stuff!  I forgot to take a picture of everything before I put it all away, but trust me that he got tons of wonderful gear.  This is a picture of Blakely trying out Banks' new high chair from Jeff and Pam. I think she gives it her seal of approval :)

The shower was perfect and I am so grateful to the girls that hosted it!  It could not have been better!  

That was Banks' last shower, so now it is time to get the last of the necessities we need and get organized for him to arrive!   Seems so surreal that we are looking at 6ish weeks and a baby will be here!  So exciting!

0 comments: