This past weekend we got to celebrate Banks' first shower. My sweet friends from Charleston, most of whom I've been in small group with for about four years threw the shower. It was so special and fun! They did such a great job and I felt so loved!
Mandy and Elizabeth, two of the hostesses
Matt's family...they were so sweet, most of them drove a very long way to be there for the shower. I was so appreciative to have them there to celebrate Banks!
The food table was so beautiful!
Little snack break for Blakely :)
Lots of fun stuff for Banks!
The girls had set up a table for guests to be able to give us some parenting advice. I am sure this will come in handy!
Lauren and Kate are good friends and sorority sisters from college
Adorable invitation!
Holly, me, and Meg...both girls I met at church when we first moved to Charleston. Meg is due to have her second little girl in November!
Pam, me, and Jordan
Pam and my mom
My favorite girls! My mom, me, Blakely, and Lauren
Blakely did a great job at the shower except she has decided she is not going to be wearing bows anymore. I am hoping this is just temporary! The second you put them on her hand goes up and pulls it down...doesn't she know you have to sometimes be a little uncomfortable in order to look good?!?
All the hostesses- Mandy, Allison, Elizabeth and Holly. Becca was a hostess too, but she had to be in Columbia...we definitely missed her!
Such sweet girls...thank you for such an awesome shower!
I was so excited that Christina was able to come to my shower! She is one of my best friends all the way back to middle school. She is due to have her first baby, a little girl, in November. It was so good to see her and get to hang out, there was so much to catch up on!
When we got home there were so many things to show Matt and to play with! It was like Christmas!
Matt immediately got to work putting together the Bob. He then had to test out its "off road" capability, haha. Thank you Mr. Jeff and Pam for the Bob, it will get lots of use!
Matt's mom got us our bouncer, we love it! I will admit that I thought all bouncers were created equal until my sister got this one. Blakely looooves her bouncer and will sit and kick and play in it so long. This is definitely one of our favorites, I hope Banks loves it too!
Jordan and Will were so sweet and got us our car seat and base. We will definitely be getting a lot of use out of this, no doubt!
Some more gifts for Banks...he got hooked up!
Banks got a lot of clothes, he is definitely going to be one nicely dressed baby!
Holly and Allison made these adorable onesies...I love the little tie! Matt has the same tie so they are going to have to get some pictures :)
Last, but not least, my mom got us a bookshelf from Pottery Barn (and lots of books to fill it up!). It is perfect because he can see all his fun books and pick them out himself. I love the color it added to the nursery.
Banks and I had a wonderful shower and were surrounded by so many wonderful people that already love him so much, what a lucky boy!







2 comments:
Alyssa, you look wonderful! You definitely don't look like you are as far along as you are! I hope this last month goes well! I'll be praying for you as you await your sweet little Banks!
Thanks Amy! Congrats on your little boy...we need some baby bump pictures :) I will be praying for you, too...hope things are already going well!
Post a Comment