Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baby Update: 32 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 32 Weeks, 1 day

Size of the baby?  19 inches, 3.9 lbs

Maternity Clothes? Of course!

Gender? Boy- Banks Matthew Cogdill

Movement? Lots of movement!  I can finally tell what is a "butt" and what are arms and legs when I feel my stomach.  He is still head down.  At my OB visit this week she said he was "riding high, higher than the previous weeks."  I am going to have to explain to Banks if he wants to ever get out he is going on the wrong direction.  I think he has gotten Matt's bad sense of direction, oh no!  

Sleep?  Pretty good,  but I want to sleep all the time.  I am so tired come 2-3 in the afternoon, perfect time for a nap! I don't think my patients would appreciate that! 

Cravings? Cold water, sweets, fruit...same as before.

Symptoms?  Still SO hot, when will it cool down?  I am really getting tired of 100+ days over and over.  Other than that honestly I am feeling pretty good, not too much to complain about. 

What I miss?  Not too much right now, too much to be excited about!

Milestones? 32 weeks...that means I don't have to deliver at a hospital with a NICU...woo hoo (even though I am, hah)!  Every week gets us closer and closer to meeting him, it is honestly still so surreal!

What I am nervous about?  At the beach this week I began reading "Baby Wise" after many suggestions that I do so.  I am about 2/3 done and it seems pretty reasonable, but also very overwhelming at the same time.  It kinda freaks you out that the littlest things can really screw up the baby's schedule, which screws up his sleep, which can screw up his IQ later in life!  Seriously, people? Do you think I am already not worried enough?   Honestly though I think it has some great points and I am going to try to use as many of them as possible while I am home on maternity leave. My goal will be to have him on a decent schedule before I go back to work in 12 weeks.  I would love any feedback if you used Baby Wise, did it work for you? Was it helpful? Was it hard to do? Anything is appreciated!

What I'm excited about? My first shower is Sunday...so exciting!  

0 comments: