Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Baby Update: 37 Weeks, FULL TERM!


Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 37 Weeks...FULL TERM!

Size of the baby?  19-22 inches and 6.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes? Yep!

Gender? Little Boy :)

Movement? Lots of movement, I think he has flipped from one side to the other (still head down), but who knows!  He also has hiccups several times a day, not sure if I really like the way those feel- kinda uncomfortable if you ask me. 

Sleep? Been pretty good, rolling over is an art form in the middle of the night for sure.  Still sleeping through the night mostly except for getting up to go the bathroom a few times. 

Cravings? Not much, its hard to eat a full meal right now.  I still am loving fruit, ice water, and been craving Sonic slushes lately.  I haven't let myself get too many because they are all sugar, but maybe a few ;)

Symptoms? Swollen feet/ankles AKA cankles, fatigue, overall just uncomfortable.  I don't have too many complaints at this point, but I am definitely feeling like its near the end!

Labor Signs? I went to the OB today and no extra progress...I am right where I was last week- 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.  That's totally OK with me, I want Banks to hang out and grow as long as he wants to (well not past 41 weeks, haha).  I have been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions lately.  Last night I was having them almost every 3-5 minutes.  I think it was because I was running all over the house packing my bag and cleaning.  As soon as I finally sat down, they slowed down. It kinda freaked Matt out though, haha :)

What I miss? Too excited to miss anything right now!  I am SO looking forward to shedding some baby weight and getting back into my old clothes.  

Milestones? FULL TERM!  I can't believe we have made it this far...I am so happy to know that he has been in there long enough to come out as a strong and healthy boy!  We are ready for him anytime!

I also finally packed out hospital bags so we are ready to go.


What I am nervous about?  I am definitely nervous about labor and all that it entails.  So many questions swirling through my mind.  Will I know I am in labor?  Where will I go into labor?  WILL I go into labor or will I have to induced? What is labor going to feel like? Am I going to have to have a c-section?

What I'm excited about? I think at this point the most exciting thing and the thing that gets you through every day is knowing SOON we will meet his little man that has been with us for the past 9 months. I cannot wait to see what he looks like and get to hold him!  So surreal!

Full Term!!! 37 Weeks


0 comments: