Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby Update: 38 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 38 Weeks

Size of the baby?  19-22 inches and 6.8 lbs

Maternity Clothes? Yep!

Gender? BOY- Banks Matthew

Movement? Lots of movement.  When I set a book or my laptop on my belly he can almost knock it off when his kicks/punches! 

Sleep? Sleep has continued to be good...I really can't complain too much.  I am getting up to use the bathroom a couple times at night and sometimes have some trouble falling asleep after that, otherwise no issues.  

Cravings? In the past week I have been pretty hungry.  I don't know if it is because he "dropped" and now my stomach has room to stretch or what.  I have been craving sweets and deli meat! I cannot wait until he is born and I am going to enjoy a Publix sub with lots of cold deli meat :)

Symptoms? My nose is "stuffy," which I know is a symptom of pregnancy, but it is sometimes hard to breathe at night.  I feel so bad for poor Matt.  I know sleeping for me has be OK, but it cannot be pleasant for him.  I feel like I am such a loud breather at night and I am moving/tossing/turning all night long.  I also take up 3/4 the bed with all my pillows.  He hasn't complained or moved to the couch yet...what a trooper!  Every time I roll over, go to the bathroom, or make any noise I hear a little "you ok?"  He is already preparing for the night shift with this baby!

Other symptoms I have are swollen feet (has been a little better lately by watching them and making sure I put my feet up every now and then), braxton hicks all days long, and just some pressure.

Labor Signs? None really except for some braxton hicks.  We have been taking long walks nightly to try to get things moving, but no success so far.  We are still the same, Banks is cozy in there!  I am starting to have the feeling we will be making it to his due date or past...but who knows. 

What I miss? Nothing really right now, just excited to meet our baby boy!

Milestones? I guess every day closer to his arrival is a milestone at this point.  I am so happy we have made it comfortably past "full term" and when he comes he will be good and ready.  I know it doesn't sound like it, but I really am patient and want him to come on his own timing.

What I am nervous about? I nervous that soon we will parents...that a little soul/life will be our earthly responsibility.  I am thankful more than ever that our Creator is in control because we sure need his provision.

What I'm excited about? I am exciting about meeting our son face to face.  Crazy as it is, I am excited for labor to get started and for us to begin this journey.  I can't wait to see Matt as a father and just the look on his face when he meets Banks for the first time.  So many things to look forward to.

Just some verses that I have been meditating over the last few days: 

"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth."  
Psalm 127: 3 and 4

"Wait for the Lord: Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." 
Psalm 27:14


1 comments:

Amy said...

I realize I am pregnant and that makes emotions flow, but I just read your post and welled up with tears. Banks is so blessed to have a loving mother and father who are so in love iwht each other. You are going to be great parents and I will be thinking about you over the next little bit as you prepare to meet him!!