Pregnancy Highlights from this week:
How far along? 39 Weeks
Size of the baby? 19-22 inches and 7 or so pounds
Maternity Clothes? Of course.
Gender? BOY- Banks Matthew
Movement? Still a good bit of movement. He can move my whole stomach around now and it is crazy looking. I think he is outgrowing his home...time to come out!
Sleep? The last two nights of sleep have actually been very, very good. I was struggling there for a little bit, but I seem to have found a way to sleep comfortably. My biggest issue is from sleeping on my side for so long, my hips kill me in the morning.
Symptoms? A good bit of pressure/pain in my low belly. If I sit for more than 10 minutes I get so "stiff" for lack of a better word. I walk like I just worked out for 5 hours straight for the first ten steps. I will have to admit that I have been a little more "whiny" in the past couple of days. Matt mostly laughs at me and then I get mad because he laughs at me, haha.
Labor Signs? Every day there is a little more pressure than before...which I hope is a good thing. I have been having lots of braxton hicks, but after talking with Kathryn about what they feel like, I may be having a few "real" contractions every now and then. Doesn't mean much, but its a step in the right direction. I go to the doctor this afternoon to get checked to see if we're making any more progress. Banks is just too comfortable in there!
Labor Signs? Every day there is a little more pressure than before...which I hope is a good thing. I have been having lots of braxton hicks, but after talking with Kathryn about what they feel like, I may be having a few "real" contractions every now and then. Doesn't mean much, but its a step in the right direction. I go to the doctor this afternoon to get checked to see if we're making any more progress. Banks is just too comfortable in there!
What I miss? I realize now that there are some things I am looking forward to...for example, sleeping on my stomach, wearing normal clothes, not stressing about caffeine intake as much, being able to move without feeling like I weigh 400 lbs!
Milestones? Everyday is one day closer to meeting Banks...so each day is a milestone. Each day is another day that I made it, too :) The next big milestone is that this is my last week of work! I am happy to say that I made it my entire pregnancy with the intense nausea, vomiting, heartburn, the swelling, etc. without ever taking a sick day. I was here each day and saw each patient that came to my clinic. That is a true praise!
What I am nervous about? I am getting very nervous about labor and the safety of Banks and I. I woke up in the middle of the night Saturday night with some "menstrual-like cramps" which is what I have been told the real thing feels like. My first thoughts were thoughts of panic and "Im not ready, I hope this is not the real thing!" That was a reality check for me that I need to get my mind right, this is happening sooner rather than later!
What I'm excited about? All my excitement comes from thinking about meeting him and snuggling this little peanut that has been inside me for the past 9 months. Every bit of this has been worth it. We are just ready! Last week Matt treated me to maids coming to clean our house and then a detailing on my car. Everything is clean and in its place and ready for a baby!
This is Jesica from work, who is pregnant as well. My big ol' belly bump kinda trumped her little, cute bump.
She is 26ish weeks and I am obviously 39 weeks.
Hopefully there won't be a "Baby Update: 40 weeks," but you never know! Fingers crossed this is my last baby update post. We are ready for you, Banks!

2 comments:
YAY! Excited for y'all! Would love to be at the 39 week mark...working on my patience. :) You're looking good and I'm sure he will be here VERY soon!
Praying for you, Lyssy, and little Banks. Hopefully, you'll have a couple of days to "rest and nest" at home before his arrival. Can't wait to hear that he's arrived!
Love you!
Post a Comment