Monday, August 27, 2012

Randoms

Since I am a little scatterbrained these days, why not make a scatterbrained post.  I love being random, here's what's on my mind today.


1.  We have decided that this Friday would be the best day for me to go into labor.  There are so many reasons, but mostly it just works out best for everyone.  Go into labor Friday, deliver Saturday.  Banks, did you get that message, it would be most convenient for everyone.  We will see if he is a people pleaser ;)

2. Still loving iced coffee and we are now addicted to Pioneer Woman's perfect iced coffee recipe thanks to Holly!  Matt is addicted, too! He has had one every day since we initially made the recipe over a week ago.  If you like iced coffee, you have to try this. 

3. We had a "date" day Saturday and it was just what I needed.  Matt told me that it was my day to get to pick everything I wanted to do.  We started by going to the outlets, then we ate dinner (at Chili's which was totally random, but I have had a gift card for over a year now), and then we saw a movie. We saw Hope Springs...not the best, but worth one watch I suppose. 

4.  So going to the outlets on Saturday made me realize how excited I am to get some new clothes that aren't blousey tops and pants with an elastic panel.  I know its going to take some time to get back in shape, but I am so ready!  I have missed all my favorite stores and shopping more than I thought, is that sad?  Banana Republic and J.Crew had the cutest stuff and it was all I could do to not just buy it and hold onto it!  Matt has definitely benefited from me not being able to shop for myself.  I am pretty sure over the last few weeks he has gotten a new wardrobe. He was in need of some new stuff, and we found some great deals, so he got loaded up! 

5. I bought milk the other day that expired a week after my due date!  Eek! Banks will be here before our milk expires! 


6. So my OB said that they induce at 41 weeks...but then she kindly added that if everything is going well we could go to 42 weeks.  It would be my choice.  I can tell you right now, there will no be choice to hang out until 42 weeks...no ma'am. 

7. I am pretty pumped about Clemson's first game this weekend and college football getting started back up.  I am pumped, but do have some reservations.  From now until 2013 every Saturday is consumed with football...its a little overwhelming.  Don't get me wrong I love college football, its just everyone is so obsessed during this time of year...including my husband!  Luckily, he will have a little bit of distraction this fall ;)

8.  We had been hearing a lot of about the show Downton Abbey and saw that it was on Netflix. So last Sunday we found ourselves with no plans after church so we may have watched almost the whole first season.  We finished it up during the week and now we have one problem.  Netflix has season 1, but not season 2...not even on DVD.  What do we do?  We cannot find season 2 anywhere!  Has anyone else ran into this problem, and if so, how did you rectify it?  

9.  Every day this week temperatures are supposed to be in the low 80's...praise the Lord! That is like a gift straight from heaven for this 9 month pregnant girl.  I woke up Saturday morning and stepped outside and I swear it felt like fall until 8am.  I have always loved fall, but this fall might be the most anticipated fall of all time- bring on sweaters, soup, boots, football (yes, even a little football), and of course Banks!

Anyone else feeling random today? 

3 comments:

Debra Dele said...

Oh My gracious! How good is Downton Abby?! Love it! I started watching it off of Netflix this summer while I was putting up veggies because all you do is stand at a sink All. Day. Long. As soon as I finished the first, I started hunting for the second. The only place I found it was iTunes, and you couldn't rent, you had to buy...so I bought. :) I haven't looked recently, but I would assume its still there. Now the only problem is Season 3 doesn't air in the states until winter 2013!

Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet boy! I know you are itching for him to be here! Praying that things go smoothly and you get to meet him soon! :)

Alyssa said...

I haven't heard that season three wont air for over a year...that is very disheartening!

Thank you! We are praying we get to meet him soon, too! Hope you're doing well :)

Cameron said...

just printed the iced coffee recipe! can't wait to try it! i love me some ice coffee!

praying for your (hopefully) last week of pregnancy! can't wait to meet banks and see what that sweet boy looks like!
love you!